Life, Universe & Everything Ever After.....
The gibbous moon in the west cast a waxy luster, a lambent elfin light reflected and ricocheted through the vast dusty void of space.
The universe hefted and shifted and sighed, settled back again, whistling a wee disjointed tune of laughter and light in a sprung rhythm.
The air was clear and cold at three in the morning and I stepped outside into the cold stillness.
Stars and planets dazzled my eyes. Some reflectors, some generators and creators of their own glow. There the Great Hunter Orion who stalks the night sky & look there beautiful Cassiopea, , and over there The Great Bear, some constellations like Lyca & Sputum (the Sheild) too made an appearance
I imagined I could see, not directly and not out of the corner of my eye but only out of the barest perimeter of my vision, the mountains to the west lit by the moon's refracted silver.
We call it "west" as a means of taming direction and equating distance, while we're hurtling at an unimaginable speed through the dark.
One tiny spinning ball of rock we call Earth, held together just by the centrifugal force of its own spin,
and held in place in the universe by a star we call Sol.
All bodies in motion. Tumbling through this ever expanding universe.
--------------------------------------------------
I have always wondered what the universe is contained in? Where is it expanding... is there a thing bigger than a universe....
There are very few sources in our myths and legends which actually talk about the formation of the universe one of them is sung in the RIG VEDA (which is also one of the oldest books of the world).
An unknown poet, who was one of the world's great thinkers, had risen above the popular materialistic ideas concerning the hammer god and the humanized spirits of Nature, towards the conception of the World Soul and the First Cause--the "Unknown God".
He sang of the mysterious beginning of all things thus:
What was there to contain, to cover in--
There was no death there, nor Immortality.
Then was there only THAT, resting within itself.
At first within the darkness veiled in darkness,
Till straightway from the formless void made manifest



The kind of stuff I like to read. Cant stop to read just now, but
ReplyDelete*I'll be back*.
I just love saying that :)
I wish my eyes could navigate the tiny print...but unfortunately, I can't squint hard enough. (Denial is a terrible thing.)
ReplyDeleteI am sure it is beautiful though. :)
:) Thanks! I can see...and it is.
ReplyDeleteNow I must read the Rig Veda... ah, but I can't. Maybe I'll just read your blog instead.
ReplyDeleteIt's all very fine..
ReplyDelete