Jan 19, 2006

High Hopes



It is a haunted wilderness, a vortex, and there is no sound, no motion, no thought, only the false feeling of spinning, tracking time like a pendulum, decapitating and suspended in the dark water of some cold northern sea.

Much has been lost. Most of it will remain beneath the murky cold depths where it slipped to the dream of mermaids.

I catch a glimpse of pale green gauze and dark hair and when I blink it changes back into the deep rolling water.

Fragments of silk and eider down and the sickly-sweet breath of dreams, lost and wind-driven, crushed by bootheels, tucked into forgotten desk drawers in dusty old houses.

God doesn't expect anyone to have faith in Him but sometimes ..just sometimes
I wonder whether : Does He have Hopes, too??












Japanese Kanji Character
for

HOPE.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:18 AM

    I think He does. I also think He spends alot of His time shaking His head and sighing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful post Zofo! :)
    Hope is the key word for all of us. Woh kehte hain nam "umeed pe duniya kayam hai!"

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been tagged...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christa: Yeah I am sure he shakes his head and sighs a lot.

    Blue Athena: Yeah Ummed hain Badi Badi....

    Fingers: Oh Dart! This is the second time you're douing this...

    lg: Always on our terms..

    thanks for commenting.appreciate it
    cheers
    z

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:07 PM

    ... tucked into forgotten desk drawers in dusty old houses...beneath the murky cold depths where it slipped to the dream of mermaids...
    Wow what a visual!
    _________________

    God hopes that people and creation would live in peace and harmony -- that all would enjoy the dignity that ought to be accorded the children of the Creator and that all would have fullness of life...from PEACEWEAVINGS...

    ReplyDelete