Like manholes and poison bottles I was made to be self-locking and I could no longer be bothered pretending.
I might have a key ... I stopped trying to be normal and began to enjoy a small, still life that fitted very snugly around nobody but me.........
Pain and depression I found unpleasant companions but you must understand that what made them unendurable was hope.
That tension between my situation and my hopes for the better ... can eventually only do what tension does, it causes splits and tears, a degree of loss. ... And when the hoped-for future finally appears,
I would rather not see what it brings because hope has already robbed it, mortgaged it to the bone. ... for the rest of the time... I develop like a bonsai plant in a time-lapse video…truncated..
I would rather not see what it brings because hope has already robbed it, mortgaged it to the bone. ... for the rest of the time... I develop like a bonsai plant in a time-lapse video…truncated..

My own fate from whom,
I've never hoped for the good
Has with just heavens ruled,
If it's the impossible what I demand,
Its only because for me the possible is banned......
(from Don Quixote by Cervantes)



oh. wow. i have goosebumps.
ReplyDeleteit's always funny how people think 'hope' is such a beautiful emotion and never realize how cruel it can be.it shatters you like nothing else.
also, indeed. the beauty of literature is in it's ability to be relevant no matter the context. it's all about interpretation.
MSN Spaces: i'm hardly ever online now, but i shall browse soon. i've been dying under the workload. :(
x
Beautiful post - as usual. :)
ReplyDeletewow...it's sometimes comforting to know that others also feel the way i do...i know i sound like a sadist...but what the hell...i don't care..
ReplyDeleteHey Zzzzzzzzzzz,
ReplyDeleteBeen going through your blogs for sometime now..
Like your way of writing ..
Your posts reminds me of someone very close .. more or less like a parallel universe twin !
Z man...I need a drink...
ReplyDeletecheers...
The pessimism peeps
ReplyDeletelurks beneath, beyond hope
no longer scared
to be sans the exterior
they call hope
and when it hears talk of
resurrection
it knows maybe it will never be
coz hope lives
without any hope now...
Well written. :)
I've read this before.. on your other blog, I think... This picture is absolutely wonderful! I mean, in some cruel sort of sense.. wonderful, nonetheless..
ReplyDeleteZ, you rock..
Love the simple truths in this blog but the line that got me was
ReplyDelete"I develop like a bonsai plant in a time-lapse video…truncated.. "!That was sweeet!Hope your "hope" is feeling better..unless ur a happy "sad" person!
oh boy, i get this feeling of deja vu
ReplyDelete