Aug 21, 2007

In Between...

The present is a luminous ball.
Behind it - the past; in front of it - the future.

The whole soars in total darkness and reels to and fro, now gently, now vigorously.

Below there is an abyss, above vapor, It is pitch dark.

Either the ball crashes, then all is lost or it glides into the future and renews hope.

Which way is it going? I for one am totally helpless and can't seem to influence which way the twin headed hammer of time will fall and what will be the result.

Sometimes I feel that I am suspended between 2 worlds the one that I see and perceive and another which keeps on eluding me.

I feel like the old roman who filled up his bathtub and slit his wrists, suspending himself between 2 worlds
between life and death,
between the agony and the ecstasy,
between understanding and revelation,
between reality and fantasy,
between space and time,
in between heaven and hell..

Thats how I see things these days anyway...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

6 comments:

  1. "Sometimes I feel that I am suspended between 2 worlds the one that I see and perceive and another which keeps on eluding me."

    Its precisely the way I feel too... like a figure in a Greek tragedy seems to elude our destiny. Its one of your piece .. which makes me feel .. "I should have written this" .. very poignant ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this piece ....
    Amazing imagery created ... instantly indentifiable narrative ... reflective .. thought provoking .. deep ... and easy flowing ...

    I love when complex thoughts are presented in simple language ...
    KUDOS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zofo, i have simply loved wht u have done with this post ...

    for me i can see myself in this ever confused and helpless state .... things that are somehow not controllable ... even if we want ... even if we work dedicatedly towards it, even if ...

    it can just go on .... u hv voiced it very well

    alok

    ReplyDelete
  4. abysmally nice & soothing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes I feel that I am suspended between 2 worlds the one that I see and perceive and another which keeps on eluding me.


    ... the eulsive!!!
    it lures so much.

    and as you know, there's only the present.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so big - this whole future and past and present thing. Feels like being in a globe with no ends.

    ReplyDelete