Choosing Life
Seclusion
For periods in my life, I have hidden from the world because that was what I needed to do. But it’s obvious that now I must grow, I must strive to reach my full potential – in spite of my desire to escape the responsibility that follows. Maybe now I am ready to bear the responsibility of living a significant life with a wider horizon...
To grow up is to learn that one’s mature life consists of personal choices and decisions, and to realize that options give freedom. To dare to take upon oneself the responsibility and the pain in this kind of freedom is the condition of living.
My life and the time span that makes up my life are my concern. It is up to me alone to decide how I will spend my life – and the consequences of each choice are my responsibility.
We as humans set goals for ourselves throughout our lives. We achieve some and set new ones… so it’s all about enjoying the journey of life while it lasts.
To grow up is to learn that one’s mature life consists of personal choices and decisions, and to realize that options give freedom. To dare to take upon oneself the responsibility and the pain in this kind of freedom is the condition of living.
My life and the time span that makes up my life are my concern. It is up to me alone to decide how I will spend my life – and the consequences of each choice are my responsibility.
We as humans set goals for ourselves throughout our lives. We achieve some and set new ones… so it’s all about enjoying the journey of life while it lasts.
And what is a goal anyway?
Select only the most sublime; force of habit will take care of the rest.
OBSESSION:
I have chosen obsession. Or have I? What determines why we act in one way or the other in life, or abstain from choosing the other option? Is it fate or free will?
I realize that at any point, I can make a new choice. Any day, any time. I can decide whether I’m willing to pay the price for the way I have chosen.
I also realize that my choices – even choosing to bail out at a point in the future, will have consequences.
In the past, I didn’t think or act as I do now: I was more flexible, more compromising; I wanted to tread on an even path and I guess not step on too many toes.
What do these challenges spark in me? Am I a gambler, who ticks only when this much is at stake? Or is it simply the right circumstances coming together at the right time?
Normally I try to find answers to such questions. Analyze. Perhaps I have finally achieved the state of just living – living without pondering too much about it.
The well-balanced person strives for not only a goal but lives fully in the flow of life, because every expression in the process is equally important.
Select only the most sublime; force of habit will take care of the rest.
OBSESSION:
I have chosen obsession. Or have I? What determines why we act in one way or the other in life, or abstain from choosing the other option? Is it fate or free will?
I realize that at any point, I can make a new choice. Any day, any time. I can decide whether I’m willing to pay the price for the way I have chosen.
I also realize that my choices – even choosing to bail out at a point in the future, will have consequences.
In the past, I didn’t think or act as I do now: I was more flexible, more compromising; I wanted to tread on an even path and I guess not step on too many toes.
What do these challenges spark in me? Am I a gambler, who ticks only when this much is at stake? Or is it simply the right circumstances coming together at the right time?
Normally I try to find answers to such questions. Analyze. Perhaps I have finally achieved the state of just living – living without pondering too much about it.
The well-balanced person strives for not only a goal but lives fully in the flow of life, because every expression in the process is equally important.
– Kungfutse.What vanity in the art of ZEN ARCHERY,
wanting to hit the target!There will always be one stronger than you.The only importance is the correctness of the
movement.
The universe of humans often seems menacing, full of conflict stemming from people’s own inner dramas, little wars that have nothing to do with me, but which are likely to effect my well – being. That’s when I withdraw into the simplicity of the mountains…. To peace.
I want to find out if I am capable of what, deep inside, I believe I can accomplish.
But visions have to be transformed into reality, otherwise they are nothing but illusions.
I seek solitude, to connect with inner peace. TAI CHI amongst the giants of the universe. Belonging “to” & “in” the moment…... Absolute serenity…… Peace……



oh, the eternal hankering for peace.
ReplyDelete10,000 leagues under the sea...
its a peaceful world.
This was a very nicely put, deeply reflective piece. It was very nice to be reading the thoughtflow that becomes us usually.. good one Z :)
ReplyDeleteAh, I see we have a conflict of ideas but still you could come along and find something that resurrects despite the difficulties it faced.
ReplyDeletehttp://bluenyle.blogspot.com/
Would also like to hear what you have to say about it.
Made me think harder.. all of us face similar dilemmas and are driven by our very own dreams and desires.. hopes and expectations ..
ReplyDeleteIts nice to read you have thought of some answers for utterly perplexing questions ..
thanks for sharing your introspection with lucidity.
Love, Peace & EMpathy.
ReplyDeleteAs Mr. Cobain would sign off.
you've been tagged.
ReplyDeletei give you truth in the pleasant guise of illusion.
how beautiful.
Aint life like that? Another step you would take or type a word or look ahead or smile, is all a decision. To me that goes on without a decision is breathing .. So what are we discussing ? Are you too blogged by the challenges of life and voices of your heart. Are you too in a dilemma of “to be” or “not to be?” Are you too confused by the yearning of your dreams or the profound direction from the practical soul, wisdom of well practiced, well worn, smoothen, path taken by our peers ..
ReplyDeleteI always thought tht dreaming andconceiving ideas was the important part, there areofcourse such painfully dull ppl on this planet, the ones caught in the dudgery of routine......but guess wht? I did realise tht implementation is also potent, lest u become a cloud of fluff, afloat only till there is no rain....
ReplyDeleteWe are capable of wht we believe we can accomplish.......it just takes courage.....buy leaps and dozens and gabloons.....
Once again your words touch that which is hidden within.. reaching out.. and finding an odd connection.. hope your day is soft.. ~Hope
ReplyDeleteZofo, it is I again...Linda in California, I know from my many years of isolation that life is the illusion, and our inner self is the reality. I finally learned to step in and out of the illusion, now I can play the illusion game an know it for what it is..... thought you might want to know some truths from another isolator and poet/artist. Everything is alive and we are all one the same. Love from Linda
ReplyDelete