Jun 11, 2007

Her Return

nudeback



With the dazzling glory of the sun

Today, after many days, she came.

All calm and patience did I lose

Not all her shyness did she restrain

9 comments:

  1. Stumbled upon your site on a random trawl through blogspace. (it's a new thang for me this blog shlog - just started mine own after months (years?) of pesteration by friends and relatives and associates and er, others too nebulous (and spurious) to categorise)

    Read your About Me blurb and thought it might be potentially pretentious, but decided (for once (twice?)) to reserve judgement.

    Saw your profile, and in your list of books, apart from many of the usual suspects, found one of my absolute favourite books from my javaani: The World According To Garp, whch I think ranks right up there with The God of Small Things in terms of lighthandedness and sensitivity. Plus H2G2 (pause while I bow a few times in the general direction of marhoom Hazrat Douglas Adams alaih-salaam) and Der Meister, Pandit Plum Wodehouse-Ji.

    Plus I suppose anyone who listens to J.Joplin AND B.Dylan AND (early?) J.Tull can't be all bad.
    : )

    Oh, and "Aspiring Author meantime I scribble as I dribble" could sort of almost perhaps be me.

    Still looking for that blue jean baby queen? Blog on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The paintings beautiful! You can feel the intentions even with her back turned towards you

    ReplyDelete
  3. In only four lines your words have painted a picture which is as fervent as that painting .. lovely lines ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh such a beautifully captured moment in an image and just four lines!! As zen as it could get, Z!

    ReplyDelete
  5. meeting a loved one again, nothing compares to it. :)

    beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful poem- speaks for itself. I love the rhyme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zofo the Hermit: appreciate the addition to your roll. I do wish I could play the dhol - not necessarily as well as the great Pappu, but even the ability to carry it around my neck without passing out would be nice.

    I used to be (many many 'ears ago) much in demand to play the dholak at shaadis, mainly cos I could whack the thing harder than the girls. Living away from home the opportunties are now few and far between.

    Anyway, I think it's time I let my (not so) little brother take over.

    ReplyDelete
  8. pretty... the words... the image...
    they stand alone so well...
    funny how images evoke words and words images... and how rarely the two become one...

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. the painting--it could make any man loose a heart beat :D

    ReplyDelete