Jun 21, 2007

The Anatomy of Meloncholy

hhLama at gompa




A feeling of sadness and longing,
That is not akin to pain,
And resembles sorrow only
As the mist resembles the rain....

from : The Day is Done,
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

7 comments:

  1. Surreal.. that picture is wonderful! Thanks for the link .. its a lovely poem ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that makes my heart stop...
    its beautiful zof... love it...

    when the words are simple and the emotions so complex,and it seems like they came so easy, its just that much harder to understand and comprehend...

    i got what you're saying immediately... i could feel it... and yet the 'exactness' of the words will take a bit to sink in...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats an amazing pic. and your poem fits..


    beautiful lines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aria: Yes its one of my all time fav poems and I identity with it a lot. having have lived through it.. it is all the more dearer..

    Drifting leaf: Well, I know how you feel. When I came across this poem, it was instantaneous understanding and the words have remained with me, I often ponder over them in my solitude.

    Mystic Rose: The photo is from my last trip to Sikkim, near Rumtek Monastery,


    Thanks for the Comments. Appreciate it

    ReplyDelete
  5. that picture...i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know a lot many said it before me but the picture is fab, had to leave you a comment for it

    ReplyDelete
  7. a heart tearing pic...and the words...melancholy has seeped into the air around me...

    ReplyDelete