Why Go On...??

Why: such an eternal and often unanswerable word that operates also as a question.
It implies a meaning and an intent, a cause and reaction, a chain of events.
It is basic and elemental.
Some words are laden, heavy, weighted with meaning. Some words once meant deeper things, but the meaning has since been lost, like those words absorbed by the English language beginning with "wr" that indicate a twisting motion, or misdirection.
The word writing itself describes a twisting motion of the wrist (which turns and twists to drag the utensil across the surface).
Such meanings have since become wraiths, the lost haunting shadows of words.
We type but we call it writing. The physical act described means we're doing something else when we sit at a keyboard and tap away at the keys.
What, exactly, are we doing, and why are we doing it?




Hmm .. I often wonder too and its a bit strange that on a post like this I'm asking you to check my recent blog..(http://terminal-moraine.blogspot.com/2007/06/some-scattered-thoughts.html) I'd something there for you.
ReplyDeletePs - I checked those awesome pictures on your other blog but couldn't post comments there !
1. Why
ReplyDelete2. Write
1+2. Why write?
An interesting to-be-or-not-to-beef to have, unless you've stumbled beyond the mere physics of writing and are contemplating metanoia as a result, perhaps, of a realistaion that the keyboard (unlike the pen) isn't much much mightier than the sword.
why not
ReplyDelete