I'm looking back
for a history I can relate to,
and I see a past I cannot recognize.
For it is not mine
I'm searching
for something to hold onto,
But I come back empty - handed.
every fucking time..
So I look ahead
And wait paitently for the day to come
when I can proudly claim
what is justly mine!
Labels: Dead Poets Society
Z man...Well look ahead we shall, both you and me Z, thanks for your comments on both the posts...you’re right we are suckers for this kind of pain…
ReplyDeleteLike John and Paul said "Boy…you're gonna carry that weight, carry that weight a long time…” can help thinking it was written for us…
Cheers Mate…
Beautifully put! you do infact, start growing only when you've left the past behind! somehow the whole past and what you try hard to grab from it always slips out.. gone, never to come back.. here's to a wonderful future! Cheers!! :)
ReplyDeleteIf I give you your very own ice cream cone, will it help?
ReplyDelete(It was very well worded, by the way)
justly mine?
ReplyDeletechildish claims...
mine...???!
Patience IS a virtue
ReplyDeletei don't remember who said it, but:
ReplyDelete'what is present is past.'
your post reminded me of that quote; for a reason.
You sound more Gollum-like now than ever :)
ReplyDeleteOn a more serious note, that day will come for sure..
in our search for something to hold onto, more often than not most of us come back empty handed. past is just an illusion...what we have is only here and now...
ReplyDeleteIm looking back
ReplyDeletefor a history I can relate to,
and I see a past I cannot recognize.
For it is not mine
I'm searching
for something to hold onto,
But I come back empty - handed.
every fucking time..
Very powerful...sad powerful
So I look ahead
And wait paitently for the day to come
when I can proudly claim
what is justly mine!