I Had a Dream.....
I had a dream and it was the biggest dream.
It was a terrifying dream, of strategy and battle and the worship of gods other people believe in, and those things we do not even guess are gods but some people worship them, and then there was the One for whom we have no name.
A worldwide battle raged and Jesus and Buddha bided their time with a game of checkers.
And in my dream the grey heavens crashed and opened and vast armies marched across a scorched red dying land, shapes shifted, rules broke, prophecy rang true again but not the way anyone ever anticipates.
Sometimes the dreams I have leave me slowly, and I increasingly become aware that I have one leg bent at the knee tenting the blankets, the other leg stretched out under the covers with toes pointing at the dark.
My eyes opened and I can't remember when the dream stopped or when I awoke or when I came back to myself and faded to consciousness.
Do you know that feeling, the rise to surface? The way pressure increases in the chest and the body settles with a weight as if the soul returns from some far voyage.



Yes. And you would have had to have slept less than 3 hours to really feel it.
ReplyDeleteYes, somehow i'm quite prone to overwhelming dreams such as these especially when i haven't been sleepin much.. which is quite often.. :/ hehe
ReplyDeleteI guess so ..
ReplyDeleteBtw the picture is quiet haunting ..
i stopped dreaming a while ago. I used to remember my dreams quite vividly. Now i dont know if i dreamt last night. The feeling is very strange, the one you talk about. Sometimes the images of my dream would be quite normal, eagles in the sky, a door being unlocked, but the feeling made all the difference.
ReplyDeletefiona apple sang, quite interestingly; 'i don't go to sleep to dream.'
ReplyDeleteyeah do know that feeling...
ReplyDeleteyou put it down perfectly...
Its only when the dreams turn to nightmares it gets scary..else it is one happy place to be :-)
ReplyDeleteScientific fact:
You dont sleep too well if you dream, that explains your insomnia
Most times I remember my dreams...
ReplyDelete(this is the start of a new poem that I wish to write...)
:)
Liked your post and also the pic!
Z, have you been watching the Prophecies foretold (I think that's what it's called) special on the History Channel by any chance?
ReplyDeletei wanna dream...
ReplyDelete