Oct 11, 2005

Sins!!

A moment, a minute, a breath can deform,
And the shape of the world assumes a new form.


- Alamgir Aurangzeb.

I came alone and I go alone as a stranger. I do not know who I am, nor what I have been doing. In this desert called TIME, where I am but a mere grain of sand.


The instant which has passed in power has left only sorrow behind it. : Life so valueable, has been squandered in vain. God was in my heart but I could not see him. Life is transient, the past is gone and there is no hope for the future.... I fear for my salvation, I fear my punishment. I am afraid of what I have done..........


Of Myself nothing did I know
But others good and bad I knew.
Then fell my eye upon my evil deeds
Remained none so evil in my view.


- Bahadur Shah Zafar.
(The Last Mogul Emporer of Hindustan)


Every torment that I have inflicted, every sin I have comminted, every wrong that I have ever done, I carry its consequences with me. Strange that I came into the world with nothing and now I am going away with this stupendous caravan of sin! I have sinned terribly and I do not know what punishment awaits me. Death my friend, sweeps ever closer as I relive my time spent here in the midst of the living, feeling like a wraith....

Life is somewhat like a line drawing
Appearances a kind of trust;
The period of grace we call age;
Examine it carefully,
It is a kind of waiting.


- Meer Taqi Meer
(Poet fantabulous)
Cruel Deeds are scant comfort and poor companions in old age.

Here under this cupola I wait the eternal wait......
Swing Low Sweet Chariot, coming for to carry me home
...

1 comment: