Oct 31, 2005

A FIENDISH ACT OF DEPRAVITY

I have no words of my own to describe the futility and the sense of impotence I feel when I heard about the serial blasts in Delhi during the peak shopping season and so close to DIWALI.

What do these guys hope to acheive by this senseless killing is just utterly beyond me.
I leave it to my ole friend Meer to put into words what I cannot..

He too loved Delhi and his lament after he returned from Agra after the hordes of that arch fiend NADIR SHAH had put Delhi to the sword, say it best I think.....



You men of these eastern regions
Knowing my beggarly state you mock me;
You snigger amongst yourselves and ask me
Where on earth can you have come from?
Let me tell you!
There once was a fair city,
Among the cities of the world the first in fame;
It hath been ruined and laid desolate.
To that city I belong, Delhi is its name.
Burnt in flames till every building was reduced to ashes
How fair a city the heart that love put to the fire!


- Meer Taqi Meer


Once through this ruined city did I pass
I espied a lonely bird on a bough and asked..
‘What knowest thou of this wilderness?’
it replied :”I can sum it up on two words
“Alas! Alas!”



-Meer Taqi Meer
{Poet Fantabulous}

0 Wandering Thoughts: