Do or Do Not, There is no try
In order to determine [...] the borderline at which the past must be forgotten if it is not to become the gravedigger of the present, we have to know precisely how great the plastic force of a person, a people, or a culture is. I mean that force of growing in a different way out of oneself, of reshaping and incorporating the past and the foreign, of healing wounds, compensating for what has been lost, rebuilding shattered forms out of one's self. – Nietzsche, On the Use and Abuse of History for Life (15)
* * * * *
Sometimes overcoming and forgetting are not the choices we accept or choose, sometimes we just let ourselves be consumed by feelings which are too hard to forget or bury deep down in our shallow hearts.
Like the moth which is attracted to the flame even though it will kill him he just keeps on going, till the heat of the flame singes off his wings and he falls into the clutches of the flame, dying for the love of the flame.
Like the Salmon who braves the strong currents of the freshly melted stream to jump over hurdles, leap over boulders, and constantly swim against the current to spawn where it too had begun its life. Then dying after successfully laying its eggs.
It negotiates every hardship thrown at it by nature..
The tides of the oceans, the currents of the rivers, the fast flowing white waters of the bubbling brooks it overcomes each hurdle and reaches its birth waters where once it had begun its journey of life. There it spawns and then just dying with a reprise, its dead body serving as food for the young salmon who one day will make the same journey again to die at the journey’s end.
I am a believer in such passions and single mindedness in nearly everything I do or want to do. This is my curse and this too my boon.
I would rather be blown over by the loss, then live without the knowledge of those times.
I shall endure, persevere in rectifying the wrong or perish in the attempt, but always with my head held high.
* * * * *
Perhaps I am foolish, perhaps deranged, but I am myself without any shame.
Call it Quixotic if you so think but I believe there are still some things left in this world for which you can fight for: like love, like humanity, like common decency, like the right of the individual.
One cannot always choose running away, somewhere at some point in life one has to make a stand for their beliefs, for all that they hold dear. I will stay put as obstinate as a mule who doesn't know better, all of you can laugh, it doesn't bother me.
Escapism cannot cover your behind all the time, there comes a time when one has got to stop running and face up to the music, no matter how painful or bitter the truth is.
Do not go gentle into that good night...
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
- Dylan Thomas
So will I will rage, till my last breath I will keep defying those who want to deny me. This megalomania called MY LIFE, is mine and I alone will see it to its bitter end.
A man is alone (always has been and always will be ); this is who I was born as & who I will die as. That much is certain, my only claim to fame is the way I lead my life.
I erred but I learnt not to err like that again. Only in love do I repeat the same mistakes again and again, but I don’t care, to have loved her for a moment is enough, even though the woman I love doesn’t even exist anymore or perhaps only ever existed in some dark corner of my mind!
* * * * * *
I will not join the herd, like the Mammoth MANNY, in Ice Age. I too go against the ways of the world and along the way I have come across some who want to be likewise but they are very few but it heartens me to come across them. Talk or share a moment with them, those moments are what I persevere for, nothing else. Those moments are what I remember the most in life, that fleeting pleasure of coming across someone who is your soul mate for a brief span of time and space when you share everything and anything without any qualms or regrets..
* * * * * * * *
They say that this too shall pass, and time will heal all… well they don’t know the half of it. Whenever someone tells me this, I want to stuff their words right back into their pretentious little mouths.
I cannot forget however much may I want to and no matter how hard I try. It is a inbuilt flaw in my intelligent design & I am learning to live with it.
They also tell me that : Something’s are better left unsaid, but by leaving them unsaid we load our heart like a slingshot, or an ammunition dump which has fuel strewn all around. A single spark can destroy you. I feel much better after writing it down or sharing it.
Sometimes
A simple truth can crush you just as a little bit of love will hurt you.
This nobility in failure is acceptable to me, because instead of sitting on my backside at least I try rather than give up even before I start due to the difficulties that lie in my chosen path.
In my mind I shall endure, rebuild myself and arise from the ashes of yet another matter of the heart which has met its sad demise on the rocky shoals called heartbreak in the otherwise tranquil sea called LOVE.
Like a PHOENIX every time I am down I will rise again from the ashes. Doing things which I need to do, in order to attain what I want from my life. I will not give up. Never, never !! I will rage and someday I will reach the pinnacle of happiness and satisfaction I strive for.



0 Wandering Thoughts:
Post a Comment