I Will Follow You Into The Dark
In the evening
The horizon lights up
Swirls of pink and orange
Fading to blue and purple
The horizon lights up
Swirls of pink and orange
Fading to blue and purple
There was really something very beautiful about this particular sunset over the Ganga in Varanasi.(where you normally tend to get golden or pale bronzed sunsets)
The title is inspired by a song by Death Cab to Cutie.. and specially in Varanasi having just seen the Burning Ghats it described my state of mind very aptly
If heaven and hell decide
That they both are satisfied
Illuminate the no's on their vacancy signs
If there's no one beside you
When your soul embarks
Then I'll follow you into the dark
That they both are satisfied
Illuminate the no's on their vacancy signs
If there's no one beside you
When your soul embarks
Then I'll follow you into the dark




the hopefulness of tomorrow fades into stark darkness of today with each verse that you wrote ... my mood changed as I read through each line ... the picture is amazing yet again .. I have started envying your mastery with lenses ...
ReplyDeleteAlok
"If there's no one beside you
ReplyDeleteWhen your soul embarks
Then I'll follow you into the dark"
again.. a surreal image and words to match ..loved it.
Lovely blogpost - embracing both light and darkness. I like that.
ReplyDeleteGreetings from Finland!
Thanks Alok & Aria.
ReplyDeleteLady of the lake: Thanks for dropping by..
cheers
Z.
Happen to be absolutely smitten by those lines. Your picture is beautiful but then, this reminded me more of the album Obscured by Clouds than Death Cab For Cutie
ReplyDelete