Sep 21, 2007

Across The Singge- La Pass



Wide plains draw

Rays down from wider skies.

The daylight, rising higher,

Burns through thin air to grass;

At night globes of green fire

Float on the pastured pass.


Cold, shivering like a duck

I watch the Eastern sky:

A shooting star brings luck;

A satellite swims by.


The Silver River flows

Event less, through the night.

The moon against the snows

Shines insular and bright.


Here we three, each, alone,

Me, Myself & I


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


The Singge La (Singge-Lion, La- Mountain Pass) is the pass one has to cross between Photoskar andLingshet during the Lamayaru - Zanskar trek in Leh & Ladakh) walking through the broad and lush Photang valley. A gentle trail leads through this beautiful landscape, where villagers graze their yak/dzo and horses.

One of the most fascinating things about the Zanskar trek is the ever-changing landscape. Every time you turn a corner, or cross a pass, a new world appears in front of you. Passing through the deepest of gorges and meandering through the greenest of fields, the majestic Zanskar River assume a fascinating form and life of its own.
With ever changing colored and the cloud shadows changing with the sun, one never gets bored!

16 comments:

  1. Aah another feast .. you write so beautifully and the images are so awe-inspiring that one just wonders what it would be like .. being there in person .. I don't think I'll ever manage such adventures on my own so all I'll do is derive all vicarious pleasures .. that I can ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful combination of great imagery and beautiful writing.

    The agencies should hire you to promote tourism ... Seriously, India has so much to offer, and you with your interest, knoweldge and words can really promote it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. magnificent pics.. but the last really drives the point home to me. :) To be there.. ..wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really could promote tourism you know :) Great stuff. I love to travel, though been a while since I could visit places.
    Anyway, the poem is very beautiful. I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with ur comment on the Zanskar trek and not in any more words then already written here...
    A new world waiting to be explored at every corner how true...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:11 PM

    WoW...some really captured shots there from a real beautiful place & a lovely poem & description to go with it...Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way each new picture reflects your undying passion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I specially like the picture in the bottom, the moon and lighted tent and also one shot in the collage with purple flowers ... any idea what kind of flowers they were.i guess they would have looked gorgeous blooming in thw wilderness.

    In your photoblog, have you disabled the comment section? Can i email you?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful !! loved ur blog .. i see the connection... Thnks for ur comments on my page !! thw written word and the capture ! Surreal ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW...I am spell bounded..
    I wanna go there man...bad bad badly..

    Awesome man!
    Lucky Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  11. as we are having at LIP (www.livinginpoetry.blogspot.com) honoring the voice of Mystic Rose..please join us and share your thoughts on Mystic Rose

    Thanks ..Nasra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Poet,
    I stopped for a visit and was not disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. so it seems .. its your break-time ..

    ReplyDelete
  14. i'd love to see a place that changes the color of the sun at will. that would be magical.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Me, myself and I - You must have felt one with nature and at peace!

    Superb slideshow. Excellent shots, as always. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete